The journey to the world stage begins with the basics. The Hampton Downs New Zealand Racing Academy (HDNZRA) offers different instruction levels depending on the drivers’ skills. The higher the level, the more bespoke the package, with the emphasis on developing the talent of each driver at a pace they are comfortable with, while challenging them to stretch themselves.
We’ve built a range of packages tailored to accommodate every driver’s ability at an affordable price, and packed with value!
- Build your skillset with tuition from world-class instructors from all forms of motorsport and you can apply those fundamentals to any race car!
- Get behind the wheel while having one on one coaching from instructors in the passenger seat.
- Review data and video footage in between track sessions and discuss areas of improvement with your instructor.
- At levels one and two you have access to the Hampton Downs Club Circuit.
- At level three, training will be completed on the National Circuit.
The drivers will train and race in Toyota TR86 production cars and Toyota Racing Series single-seaters, both with dual controls to facilitate in-car coaching. Cars will be fitted with cameras and the latest software to provide detailed data analysis and video feedback that the drivers can take home with them.
When the drivers prove their skills, they can step it up into the Toyota Racing Series FT50 and hone their single-seater skills! The FT50 is a pure breed race car, Italian designed and built, this beast is one of the fastest cars lapping around NZ race circuits.